Thursday, September 28, 2006

"Superhero? That what you wanna be?

... thats real dumb mannn"

Bo Hagon - Wuz Up


ft. Lil Jon (on the buttons I assume) and Princess & Diamond from Crime Mob. Chk the Princess / Diamond bits, especially when they switch & the beat drops out, makes me weak at the knees everytime. Really tho, after about 3 minutes the song goes off the deep end. 'I'm starting to seeee spaceships on Bankhead'. Its fucking sik.

Bohagon has a mixtape, with DJ Smallz called 'Who Am I I'm Bohagon'

More fucking sickness. Selector dub u throws down just that. Mixing all kinds of gutter funk & du(e)b(ris)step into his subFM shows. Dropping Young Dro in between Loefah bits is bang on.

The drums in 'Shoulder Lean' have become my preset pattern, they are like some distant, foriegn relative of dubstep. I'll admit that I am a total 808-a-phile tho, if its got 808 I'll listen to it. I bought the DJ Battery Brains 12" with the '808 volts beatcapella' onit forfuckssake. But like Hank Shoklee said to Eric ' Vietnam' Sadler - "This is your fuckin' God, this is in every fuckin' record."

This tune is off the Gansta Grillz mixtape 'Day One'. If you like pirate radio style 'chatting shit over tunes' you'll like Drama s 'tapes, so its safe to say I'm a fan.

Young Dro - Presidential

.

I was only half taking the piss when I said it was all about bassline & funky.


Fish Go Deep - The Cure And The Cause (Dennis Ferrer Mix)


This tune is BIG, well, this mix of this tune anyway. Don't watch the first 40-45secs. tho, fucking house music. The Defected double pack this is off is quite shite, well produced & shiny shite, but shite.

Funky House is weird, I see it in the club listings here in Adelaide. Usually with 'live sax & percussion by BoBo' or some other nonsense.

I like the idea of bassline grime tho.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex Bok Bok said...

oiii maintaining the blogging right about now
biggups

thanks for the bits, cant wait to hear the tune with the crime mob gals

btw, 808s brap !!!! Kno its kind of bait, but i find them irrisistable. more 808s in dubstep would keep me interested, shame most folk like to go for the more hi-fi sounds instead.

ps> Dub U's the man! Bringing the much-needed crossover. Ive got his hyphy+ mix on the d/l right now, waiting on that one !

1:36 AM  
Blogger Tony Starks said...

cheers bruv, its a usefull distraction, this blogging lark.

I always seem more productive at one thing when I really (really) should be doing another.

who sez 808s are bait? No way! I can't have that. If any drum machine should/could be nominated for a noble prize etc.etc.etc. (I could go on for hours)

Whats this Dub U hyphy mix??? did I miss this on dubstepforum?

5:45 PM  
Blogger Alex Bok Bok said...

hit him up with a PM im sure he'll give you it. not been posted on the forum i dont think. dubstepforum isnt exactly oozing with overt crunk fans. unfortunately

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home