Saturday, November 05, 2005

No Past. No Future. Pt1.

What really inspired
this blog. is a comic called Deadenders.

The bleek outlook of this book suits my music and the music that i love so well its Incredible.

These are the last few pages of Deadenders#4. I think they're hilarious.

The comic proper borrows heavily from this concept, as well as the characters but makes it more Blade Runner/ Mad Max/ Sin City.

"You probably don't know that DEADENDERS is actually an update of a little-seen comic from the late-60's: THOSE DARN DEAD-END KIDS. The seris was intended to be sort of an Inner-City "Archie" comic, but only four issues were printed before it became obvious that writer/artist Mort Himmelman had totally lost it. I thought it might be fun to show his final (previously unprinted) story, which I found in the archives years ago, during an internship. --Ed" (text from the first panel so you don't have to open it).




DEADENDERS was out on the D.C sub-label VERTIGO. I don't know how popular the book was. It was out in 2000. I only have the first 6 or 7 issues, but only read the first 4. The story sort of picks up after that last panel, but only sort of ... . If you enjoyed that story (?) and like post-apocalyptic themes track down some copies #1-4 are the S.H.I.T.

step to the doom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home